- Attend college funding workshops and make sure you’re on track to wrap up all the classes you’ll need for the Hathaway Scholarship.
- Check to see if the college you plan to attend has a Hathaway Scholarship application to complete.
- You can take the ACT again as a senior – the better you score, the more financial help will be available to you.
- Work with your school counselor to make a senior checklist for high school graduation and college enrollment.
- Choose a college! Some schools, such as UW, require confirmation by May 1.
- Visit the college you’re interested in with your family if you haven’t already.
- Apply for scholarships using scholarship search sites like Fastweb.
- Talk to your school counselor and parents about creating a college budget – know how much money you have to pay for the college you want to attend.
- Plan for housing and meals at school and sign up for the plans you need.
- Attend college orientation in the summer after you graduate from high school
Get an internship or find a career mentor who works in the field you’re interested in pursuing. Be open to learning and exploring your future options when you get to school.
For more information about planning for college, check out the video below!
Questions about the Hathaway Scholarship?
Contact the Hathaway Scholarship team or talk to your school counselor.