All Hathaway students—that is, students using the Hathaway Scholarship to attend a Wyoming college—must maintain the three requirements below. (To download these requirements as a PDF, click here.)
Hathaway College GPA Requirements
- Provisional: 2.25
- Opportunity: 2.25
- Performance / Honor: 2.50*
*Students who drop below a 2.50 GPA but maintain above 2.25 may still receive the Opportunity level until they achieve an average of 2.50 again. Once they reach that GPA again, they are eligible to regain the appropriate level of the Scholarship.
Continuous Enrollment (CE) Requirements
- A student must enroll in school every fall and spring semester after initiation. Failing to enroll in one of these semesters, will result in loss of eligibility.
- A summer term may not be used to regain continuous enrollment.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Requirements
- A student must enroll and complete at least six non-remedial credits if attending part-time or 12 non-remedial credits if attending full-time each semester.
Regaining Scholarship Eligibility
The following information outlines the eligibility requirements for college students, as well as the steps required to regain eligibility if a requirement is not meant. (To download a PDF version of the information below, click here.)
In order to maintain eligibility with the Hathaway Scholarship, the following GPAs must be maintained each semester:
- Provisional/Opportunity levels must maintain a 2.25 GPA or higher;
- Performance/Honors levels must maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.¹
- If a student loses the scholarship due to failure to maintain the appropriate Hathaway GPA,
- Hathaway funds will be rescinded until the first academic semester/term occurring after the
- Hathaway GPA has been restored.¹
In order to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), students must complete the status in which they are enrolled for fall and spring semesters. For example, if a student enrolls at full-time status for the fall and spring semesters, the student must complete at full-time status. If a student loses the scholarship due to failure to maintain SAP, Hathaway funds will be rescinded until the first fall or spring semester occurring after SAP has been restored.² Summer term can be used to reestablish SAP.
In order to maintain continuous enrollment, students must be enrolled in at least one college-level course during the fall and spring semesters. If a student loses the scholarship due to failure to maintain continuous enrollment in an eligible institution, Hathaway funds will be rescinded until he/she enrolls & completes one fall or spring semester as a full-time or part-time student, whichever is applicable.³ Summer term cannot be used to reestablish continuous enrollment.
You will also need to contact Hathaway Scholarship coordinator at the college for details on how to regain your scholarship.
*Semesters of ineligibility count against six-year time frame for scholarship use. Remedial credits cannot be used to regain the scholarship.
¹ An Honor or Performance level student whose GPA drops no lower than a 2.25 can receive the Opportunity level of the scholarship until a GPA of 2.5 or higher is restored.
² Students who lose eligibility due to SAP must enroll and complete a minimum of six (6) non-remedial credits to regain.
³ Students who lose eligibility due to CE must regain based on the enrollment status, full-time or part time, of the last semester they were awarded.
Please note: Hathaway Scholarship money will not fund semesters spent regaining eligibility.
Questions about the Hathaway Scholarship?
Contact the Hathaway Scholarship team or your school counselor today.