8th Grade Unit of Study
The 8th Grade Unit of Study Certification Form for the Hathaway Scholarship is due June 14, 2019. As mandated by statute 21-16-1308(b)(i)(C), all eighth-grade students are required to receive five hours of postsecondary preparation instruction. This unit of study should include:
- An overview of the Hathaway Success Curriculum, which aligns with the curriculum needed to be successful in postsecondary education;
- Standardized test requirements, specifically the ACT college entrance exam;
- Scholarships available for post-secondary education; and
- Earning differences anticipated at various post-secondary education levels.
After the instruction is completed, districts should submit the certification form to the Hathaway Scholarship team by June 14, 2019. The certification form, along with Unit of Study sample curriculums and resources, are available below.
The Hathaway Scholarship Unit of Study Certification is one of the Assurance elements included in the accreditation recommendation process.
- 8th Grade Unit of Study Certification Form
- Planning for College
- 8th Grade Unit of Study Booklet
- 8th Grade Unity of Study Guidelines
- Hathaway Worksheet
- Sample Curriculum B
- Hathaway Success Curriculum by District
- Hathaway FAQ
- Career advisement in CTE
- CTE Jobs within different sectors
- U.S. Army “Trading Cards”
- U.S. Navy Careers
- U.S. Coast Guard Careers
- U.S. Air Force Careers
- U.S. Marines Careers