Sophomores Planning for College
- College isn’t far off, so take steps to make sure you can afford the colleges you’re interested in attending. Remember, college tuition is only one part of your savings plan – there are housing, meals, and textbook expenses to think about too.
- The Hathaway Scholarship is just for Wyoming students, and no other state has anything like it. So don’t miss out! Work with your counselor to make sure you remain eligible from now through senior year.
- Talk to your counselor or teacher and ask questions to make sure you’re enrolled in the right classes to satisfy the Hathaway Scholarship eligibility requirements.
- Think about what you want from your college education and start preparing for the ACT.
- Take the free ASPIRE test in the spring. It can help you get ready for college and it’s a practice test for the ACT you’ll take as a junior.
- Talk to your counselor to find out more. Make a college plan with your counselor and find out more about AP (Advanced Placement) and Concurrent/Dual Enrollment classes at your high school.
Research on-demand careers and hot job fields. Talk to your counselor and learn about what industries, jobs, and majors are most in demand and might fit you best. There are tons of options, and now is the time to start planning!